GENERAL TERMS OF BUSINESS
1. Any person using the Hôtel des Voyageurs website for reservation purposes must be at least 18 years of age and have the capacity to execute contracts in accordance with the law.
2. For group bookings (business, meeting, seminar or other), please contact the Hotel directly by telephone or e-mail.
3. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for any reason whatsoever attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Customer's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
ARTICLE 1: OBJECT
These General Terms of Business define the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with the reservation of services offered by the Hôtel des Voyageurs. They shall apply to any booking made by Internet via the Hôtel des Voyageurs website or via the booking platform of the Drôme provençale Tourist Office or by direct booking.
ARTICLE 2: GENERAL PROVISIONS
The Hôtel des Voyageurs reserves the right, at any time, to complete or amend these General Terms of Business by publishing a new version on its website, which shall automatically apply upon its online publication.
The applicable General Terms of Business are those effective at the time of the booking.
ARTICLE 3: CONCLUSION OF ONLINE CONTRACT
3.1 Selection of services by the Customer
The Customer chooses the services presented at their sole responsibility, without any liability on the part of the Hôtel des Voyageurs. The Customer shall ascertain the nature, destination and terms and conditions of the reservation.
The Customer acknowledges that they have obtained the necessary advice and information to ensure that the offer is suited to their needs, in order to make an informed reservation.
3.2. Booking process
1. The Customer makes a reservation using the online order form available on the website.
2. The Customer certifies that the information provided is true and accurate.
3. The Customer shall follow a series of steps to complete the booking, in particular:
· Searching for dates of stay, room category and rate.
· Selectioning, if wanted, one or more additional services, such as breakfast or evening meals.
· Checking the details of the reservation, its total cost, and the applicable Terms of Business (general and special. Special Terms of Business include, without limitation, Group reservation or reservation made for specific events such as a wedding, etc.).
· Providing the Customer’s contact details.
· Providing credit card details in the event of a guarantee or prepayment request.
· Consulting and accepting the General Terms of Business and the Special Terms of Business for the reserved rate, before validating the reservation.
· Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of a deposit amounting to 50% of the price of the booking made.
· The outstanding balance is payable upon the Customer's departure.
Booking conditions for “Groups”
For all group bookings (business, meeting, seminar or other), please contact the Hotel directly, by telephone or e-mail.
· A group consists of a minimum of 8 people or 5 rooms.
Possibility of half-board.
B. Booking conditions
· Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of a deposit of 50% of the price of the stay.
· Group bookings are only made by phone or email with the hotelier directly.
· The outstanding balance is payable 2 days before the start of the stay. Customers who have not paid the outstanding balance by the agreed date are considered to have cancelled their stay. From that time, the service is once again offered for sale and no refund will be made.
3.3. Booking confirmation
An e-mail confirming the booking is sent to the Customer. It summarises the contract offer, the services booked, the prices, the total amount of the order, the conditions of sale relating to the rate selected and accepted by the Customer, and the date of the booking.
3.4. Booking effectiveness
The reservation is deemed effective upon confirmation of the reservation or upon online prepayment by credit card.
ARTICLE 4: RATES
1. The rates relating to the booking of services are indicated on the website and confirmed at the time of booking.
2. The indicated rates are per room for the selected number of people and date.
3. Rates are confirmed to the Customer in the commercial currency of the Hôtel des Voyageurs and are valid only for the period indicated on the website.
4. If payment to the Hôtel des Voyageurs is made in a currency other than that confirmed on the reservation, the Customer is responsible for any currency exchange fees.
5. All reservations are payable in the local currency of the Hôtel des Voyageurs, unless special arrangements are indicated onsite.
6. Unless otherwise specified on the website, additional services (breakfast, dinner, etc.) are not included in the price and are displayed separately.
7. The Tourist Tax, shown on the rates page, must be paid directly to the Hôtel des Voyageurs.
8. Prices include VAT applicable on the date of the order. Any change in the applicable rate of VAT will automatically be applied to the prices indicated at the date of invoicing.
9. Similarly, any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes by the relevant authorities will automatically apply to the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
ARTICLE 5: PAYMENT
1. The Customer provides their bank details as a guarantee for the booking, except in the case of special conditions or rates, by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard), indicating directly, in the appropriate field (entry secured by SSL encryption) the card number, its date of validity (the bank card must be valid at the time of the stay) and the visual cryptogram. The Customer must present the Hôtel des Voyageurs with the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment. The Hôtel des Voyageurs may ask the Customer to show proof of identity in order to prevent credit card fraud.
2. Payment is made to the Hôtel des Voyageurs during the stay, except in the case of special conditions or rates where payment is debited at the time of booking (online prepayment for some rates). This prepayment is referred to as a deposit. In the case of a rate that is not prepaid online, the Hôtel des Voyageurs will ask the Customer, upon arrival, for a security deposit or authorisation to debit the credit card, in order to guarantee payment of the sums corresponding to the services purchased on-site.
3. In the event of a no-show (reservation not cancelled - Customer not present) for a booking guaranteed by credit card, the Hôtel des Voyageurs will debit the Customer’s card the amount of the first night that was given as a reservation guarantee, as a lump-sum compensation. Any additional nights of the reservation will be cancelled for free, unless otherwise specified in the Terms of Business of the reserved rate. When booking, the Customer expressly authorises the Hôtel des Voyageurs to proceed with the payment of the lump-sum compensation.
4. At the time of prepayment, the amount debited at the time of the reservation includes: the price of accommodation, the accommodation taxes, the price of breakfast or dinner (if chosen), catering-related taxes and any additional services selected by the Customer.
5. In the case of a rate subject to online prepayment, the amount paid in advance (the deposit), is debited at the time of booking.
“Dine and Dash”
Defrauding an innkeeper (to « dine and dash ») is a criminal offence characterised by the fact of consuming a paid good or service:
· knowing you are unable to pay, or being deliberately determined not to pay;
· while pretending to be willing to pay.
It is punishable by 6 months of imprisonment and a €7,500.- fine, plus damages.
ARTICLE 6: CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION BY THE CUSTOMER
1. In accordance with article L 121-21 of the French Consumer Code, the Customer does not have the right to cancel the contract as provided for in article L121-21 of the French Consumer Code.
2. Cancellation conditions for “private customers”
o For cancellations made more than 14 calendar days before the start of the stay, the deposit is refunded.
o For cancellations between 14 and 6 calendar days before the start of your stay, the 50% deposit remains payable.
o For cancellations made less than 6 calendar days before the start of your stay, the full amount of your stay is due.
3. Cancellation conditions for “groups”
§ Minimum of booking of 5 rooms
§ Booking for at least eight persons
B. Cancellation conditions
§ For cancellations made more than 14 calendar days before the start of the stay, the 50% deposit remains due.
§ For cancellations made less than 14 calendar days before the start of the stay, the entire stay remains payable.
§ In the event of partial cancellation of a "group" booking, the "group" conditions shall apply.
5. In the event of interruption of the stay, the entire agreed price will be charged. In the case of pre-paid bookings, no refund will be made.
6. Unless otherwise expressly agreed, the Customer must leave the room before 10.30 a.m. on the day the reservation ends. Failure to do so will result in charging the Customer an additional night stay.
7. All bookings are strictly personal and may not be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or against payment.
ARTICLE 7: ACCOMMODATION CHANGE FROM THE HOTELIER
In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer, or in the event of force majeure, The Hôtel des Voyageurs reserves the right to arrange for the Customer to be accommodated in an equivalent category of accommodation for services of the same nature, subject to prior notification to the Customer. Any additional cost of the room, transportation between the two accommodations and a telephone call will be borne by the Hotel initially booked.
ARTICLE 8: STAY AT THE HOTEL
1. In accordance with the applicable regulations in France, upon arrival at the Hôtel des Voyageurs, customers subject to this obligation will be required to provide a valid Identification Document.
2. Customers must comply with the Hôtel des Voyageurs Internal Rules available at the Hotel Reception desk. In the event of non-compliance with said Rules, the Hotel shall ask the Customer to leave the Hôtel des Voyageurs, without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made. If no payment has yet been made, the Customer shall pay the full price of the stay (nights stayed plus nights reserved but not yet stayed) before leaving the Hotel.
3. The Hôtel des Voyageurs offers free Wi-Fi access. The Customer undertakes not to use its computer resources for the purposes of reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public of any goods protected by copyright or related rights without the authorisation of the holders of such rights or in violation of their rights.
ARTICLE 9: DISCLAIMER
Pictures on the website are not contractual. Although the Hôtel des Voyageurs makes every effort to ensure that the pictures, graphics and texts reproduced to illustrate the Hôtel des Voyageurs give as accurate an idea as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, particularly due to changes in furnishings or renovations.
The Hôtel des Voyageurs cannot be held responsible for the non-execution or poor execution of the reservation in the event of force majeure, the fault of a third party, the fault of the Customer, in particular the unavailability of the Internet network, impossibility of access to the website, external intrusion, computer viruses or in the event of unauthorised prepayment by the bearer's bank.
ARTICLE 10: HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY / ERRORS
The website may contain technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and errors in connection with the information displayed on the website, including, but not limited to, rates, fees or availability applicable to the transaction. The Hôtel des Voyageurs shall not be liable for any such errors, inaccuracies or omissions. The Hôtel des Voyageurs reserves the right not to fulfil the reservations affected by such errors, inaccuracies or omissions. The Hôtel des Voyageurs shall have the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to the information or reservations based on such information at any time, including after the reservation has been confirmed.
ARTICLE 11: COMPLAINT
Claims relating to the non-performance or improper performance of Hotel services must, be brought to the attention of the Hôtel des Voyageurs in writing within eight days following the date of departure from the Hotel, directly to the Hôtel des Voyageurs, peremptory to said time-limit.
Should you have any claim relating to a Hotel reservation, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also communicate the claim by writing to us at the address of the Hotel.
ARTICLE 12 : FORCE MAJEURE
Force majeure refers to any event beyond the control of the parties that is both unforeseeable and insurmountable, preventing either the Customer or the Hotelier from fulfilling all or part of their obligations under the contract. Cases of force majeure or fortuitous events are those usually recognised by the jurisprudence of the French Courts and Tribunals.
Each party may not be held liable to the other party in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure. It is expressly agreed that force majeure suspends the parties’ performance of their mutual obligations, and that each party shall bear the costs arising therefrom.
ARTICLE 13: RESPECT OF PRIVACY
1. The Customer shall be informed on each personal data collection form of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk (*).
2. In the absence of compulsory information, the Hôtel des Voyageurs may not be able to process a booking nor process any complaint relating thereto.
3. The information processed is intended for the Hôtel des Voyageurs and its business partners (in particular the online payment service provider).
4. In the context of pre-contractual measures for booking or executing the Hotel reservation contract, the Hôtel des Voyageurs and its partners may, each insofar as they are concerned, receive identity, personal and professional data, economic and financial information, in particular for the purpose of Hotel booking and complaint processing.
5. The Customer authorises the Hôtel des Voyageurs to communicate their personal data to third parties, provided that such communication is consistent with the performance of the operations the Hôtel des Voyageurs is responsible for under these General Terms of Business.
6. In particular, when paying online, the Customer’s bank details shall be transmitted by the payment service provider to the bank of the Hôtel des Voyageurs, for the performance of said Hotel booking contract. The Customer consents to this transfer, which is necessary for the completion of the booking. The payment service provider has undertaken with the Hôtel des Voyageurs to take all measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data transferred.
ARTICLE 14 : MANDATORY DATA AND DATA STORAGE
1. The entry of the required banking information, together with acceptance of these General Terms of Business and the order form or reservation request, constitute an electronic signature which has the same validity between the parties as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerised registers kept in the computer systems of the Hôtel des Voyageurs are kept in reasonable conditions of security and are considered as proof of the communications, orders and payments that have taken place between the parties.
3. The Customer is informed that their IP address may be recorded at the time of booking.
ARTICLE 15: SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
The contract and the General Terms of Business are governed by French law.
In the event of any dispute relating to these General Terms of Business or to the performance of the contract, the Customer shall contact the Customer service department of The Hôtel des Voyageurs.
In the event of a dispute which has not been resolved amicably within 30 days from the date of the complaint to the Customer service department, the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Valence (Dept. No. 26) will be the exclusive competent Court.
It is specified that the documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in descending order of priority, the order form or reservation request (including the Special Terms of the rates booked) and these General Terms of Business. In the event of any contradiction between the booking form and the General Terms of Business, the provisions of the booking form shall be the only ones applicable to the relevant obligation.